Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One day Hollyn wanted to "Play BSF." So I gave her a Bible and she immediately went into action. She made me sit on the floor while she sat on a stool in front of me. So I thought I would have a little fun with her. (Hollyn cries EVERY week at BSF.) I started yelling, "Waaaaaaaa! I want my mommy!!! I want my mommy!!" I stopped crying to see her reaction. She just looked at me and then she literally fell on the floor laughing hysterically. She thought it was absolutely hilarious. Then she walks over to me and put her arm around me. She said, "Shhhh. It's ok. Your mommy is in her Bible School Class. she will be right back. It's ok. I am right here with you."

I calmed down for her so she could teach me the lesson. She got her Bible and opened it on her lap. Then she looked at me and with a true teacher voice said, "I'll tell you about Jesus. Jesus lives with God. They live in the sky in the clouds. And they turned into princesses!"

Then she closed her Bible and in the sweetest, happiest voice said, "It is WONDERFUL to help God!"

I was very blessed by this play time that we had together. It was precious! And I am SO thankful that BSF is implanting these biblical truths in her heart! (Excluding the part about God turning into a princess!)

3 comments:

Strange family said...

she is precious! i can't wait to do bsf someday! maybe next year!

lauren said...

I get excited every time I see a new "Jill" post on my list. This is one of the cutes stories I've ever heard! She is so adorable!

Tammy said...

I remember those BSF days and taking my baby, now 20, to BSF. Thanks to all the BSF children's leaders for planting and watering those truths.