"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"
I have been given this award by two sweet friends, Kylie & Nicki. This is going to be very honest, folks.
1. Kylie gave me the award b/c "she is so kind and her baby girl is so funny." My baby girl is funny, but actually I am not that kind. I can be really selfish, critical and judgemental. The people I am closest to are the ones who get the brunt of these imperfections, I'm sure.
2. Nicki picked me and said that "Jill is the reason I became a Christian." Which leads me to this honest fact: I have not witnessed to anyone in years. Probably like 5. Oh sure, I have gone the easy route and said things about God or I am praying for you- but not actually told someone how to know Jesus. That is just pitiful and I am not going to even attempt to make an excuse for that one.
3. In the middle of the night when I have been awake with Hollyn for awhile, I make some extra noise on purpose to try to make Scott stir a little. You know, close the door a little too loudly. Flush the toilet an extra time or two. (See #1)
4. For those that don't know me too well, I appear to have everything together and things in complete control. However, this is not true. A co-worker once told me "You are like a swan swimming gracefully across the water, and below the surface you are paddling furiously to keep up." For examle, when people come over my house looks very clean and put together. But there is always a "junk" room behind closed doors.
5.Sometimes when the baby monitor awakens me in the middle of the night, I want to chunk it across the room -Not the baby- just the monitor and say "unkind" things. (back to #1)
6. I am lazy. I have a gym membership and have not been in over two months.
7. I truly dislike cooking and cleaning. Now those are two great qualities to look for in a housewife!
8. I don't wash my hair that often. About "every other third day." That quote is for Mandy and Scott
9. I am a little obsessed with baby girl clothing. I don't spend a lot- I am on a very STRICT budget. But I looooove getting clothes for Hollyn. And I want another baby girl- not for a loooong while though.
10. I am addicted to chocolate. It's my really bad habit. I love the 100 calorie brownies- but I usually eat two! I really enjoy watching Biggest Loser while eating a s'mores pop-tart!
Now the award goes to.....
Kyna, she is always bold and honest in her faith. That inspires me.
Jana, she is very funny and is the person who encouraged me to start a blog.
Alison F. who is truly a writer and I enjoy her perspective on things. And who is moving back to TX!
Mandy, my honest friend since Jr. High
Jennifer, I enjoy her posts about life with a baby that is just a little older than Hollyn.
Alison K. she is my sweet and crafty friend.
Lacy, her whole motive behind her blog is honesty. I didn't want to mess you up though Lacy- so if this material doesn't fit with your blog- I understand.
My computer was acting funny and the spacing wasn't cooperating- that is why this looks long and stretched out- sorry! Don't hold back ladies and Happy Blogging!