Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick Summary

I have not blogged in a month!!! We are all still alive and well. Our computer crashed, I took two weeks off to spend time praying for a friend, our camera is STILL not fixed, and now I am addicted to Ebay! That is what I have been doing. Hopefully I will be back again soon!

I guess I can tell a cute story without a picture. Hollyn is communicating very well these days. A few days ago she went into the office and pulled a huge laundromat supply magazine off the bookshelf. She started walking towards our room with it, so I followed. She went inside Scott's closet and dropped the book on the floor. She looked at me and said, "ligh, ligh."(light) I turned the light on for her. Then she pointed to the closet door and said, "doe, doe." So I closed the door for her while she was still inside. I stayed near and then opened the door after about 30 seconds. "Hollyn, do you want to come out now?" I asked. She shook her head forcefully and said, "no, no!" So I closed the door and straightened the bathroom a little. I peeked in again. She was sitting on the floor with the magazine and said, "No, no!" So I left her in the closet while I put laundry away, etc. After about 5-10 minutes, I went back and opened the door. I was greeted with a horrible aroma! Yes, my little child had closed herself in the closet with a magazine so she could take care of her business.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am literally laughing out loud on this one!! I'm so glad you are writing these stories down so she can read them one day.

Isn't it amazing how quickly their communication skills progress. I am amazed every day at the things Josiah can say and tell me that he wants or doesn't want. It blows me away!

On my blog... I did all of it with a little trial and error one day when Josiah was teething/feverish & slept on my lap for like 3 hours. I enjoy trying to be creative with things when I can. And I get bored easy with how my blog looks so I wanted to make one where I could change my background and other stuff easier. It was fun!

Jesse and Dori said...

What a cute story, too funny! I guess she needed to be alone to do her business.
See you soon, yeah!

Tiffany said...

That. Is. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

Strange family said...

HI-larious! Wish we could have seen ya'll this weekend too!

angie said...

Hilarious!!