Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Blessed

We had a great Thanksgiving! We had lots of family come in from both sides and we got to enjoy visits with everyone. On Thanksgiving day Goldilocks was not in the best mood for pictures...
Hollyn was determined to spend time outside and she kept INSISTING that she was not cold. I had to wrestle her like a wild cat to get a jacket on her. Look at her, she's cold...
My sweet second cousins got to come for the weekend and they entertained Hollyn for several days. They were wonderful help! I have said it before, If I can just birth an 8 year old- it would make my life MUCH easier!
I love Thanksgiving, but I especially like the day after when we can start shopping and getting ready for Christmas. We had big plans to go to the Homestead Heritage Festival, but the cold weather changed our plans. So mom, Jana, and I decided to go shopping instead and have a day while the brothers went hunting. We made it to Gymboree and all of a sudden I thought I was going to faint. So my sweet sister in law had to drive my car home. And then we bonded in a way that I had not plan to bond that day. I basically puked the whole way home while Jana had to sit there and listen while getting us home! I felt so bad for her. She told me later she was just praying that she didn't start throwing up too! So I spend the rest of the day throwing up while my family shopped and took great care of Hollyn. Not.So.Fun. It took me basically until Sunday to get my energy back. Despite all that, I wanted to list a few things I am thankful for:

*A husband who took very good care of me and had to do VERY non glamorous things for me while I was so sick- I mean REALLY yucky things
*That God answered my prayer and the virus did not spread to all family members
*Family who will step in and watch Hollyn anytime and any day for me
*A Thanksgiving meal that my Mimi cooks- which I can show up to and not have to make a single dish!
*Family on all sides that I can be myself with and laugh and have fun with
*Olive Garden soup and salad! (It's weird how you crave things after you have been sick for a few days)
*A sassy and brilliant toddler who keeps me on my toes all day (and night) long. She truly steals my heart!
*Christmas Holiday Season!!!
*A God who loved me while I was a sinner and crucified his Son to save me forever and gives me life abundantly!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Haha, this is funny. Yes, it was good bonding! Glad you are better!

Melissa said...

oh jillian!! how horrible. i hate the pukes...especially the pukes in front of anyone else. yay for jana being awesome! a girl's gotta have people who will hold our hair while we puke...or drive us home. i am so sorry. and you know i can mail you a nine year old with so much sass hollyn will be put to shame. :) love y'all and cannot wait to see you soon!!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous picture of Hollyn on your blog header!!!! Her eyes are soo beautiful! Sorry to hear you were puky, that is no fun. Been there, done that last month, I thought I was going to die. At least you had family there to help you out, that is a blessing!!

And I'm with you on the whole "if I could just birth an 8 year old" statement. I just need someone, anyone to help entertain Josiah!! lol!

Tammy said...

Great list of blessings to be thankful for. Goldilock's picture is beautiful as a header to your blog.