Monday, November 21, 2011

Miss Personality

I have put blogging last on my list for this month!! I just wanted to update a few things on Hollyn. She is doing so WONDERFUL at preschool and at BSF. This is truly an answer to prayer! After over three years, I can now leave her and feel great about leaving her! She is happy to be with the teachers and the other children. I am so so thrilled to see this development in her! This is a picture of her and her show-and-tell acorn. Just some things off the top of my head that she has said to me lately...

She has a deep heart for the children of Somalia. I showed her a news program this summer about the severe drought in Somalia and it showed all of the poor children. We also have been watching The Duggars and they travel to El Salvador for missions every year. These two things have helped Hollyn understand that there are children who aren't as blessed as she is. She talks about the kids in Somalia and "E- thee-tho-pia" everyday. She prays for them daily and I can just see her little mind thinking about these kids. This was our conversation one day:

H: Mom, when am I going to die?
Me: Well, only God knows when someone is going to die. Most people that die are very old and sick. You don't need to worry about that right now. The great thing is that if you trust in Jesus as your Savior, you will live in Heaven forever!
H: Well, what about the kids in Somalia, are they just going to die and be bored?
Me: No, honey. Jesus loves all of the children and he sends missionaries to tell those children about him so they can go to heaven too.
(She does not know that Hell exists. I was amazed at her thought process on this. )
While laying in bed one night:

H: AWWWWW! I don't like going to bed! It's so BORING!!! You just lay in this fluffy bed and be bored, bored, bored!!

She was dumping all of her toys out one day:
Me: What are you doing?
H: Just looking for something awesome to play with.

Scott and I were trying to have a conversation and she was jumping on us and yelling, etc.
H: "I want candy!!!"
Me: You don't get candy when you act they way you are acting.
H: Well, Awww Shucks!
(for the record, no one in our family says, "awww shucks!")

After throwing a huge fit I said, "What do you need to say to me?"
She looks at me and throws her arms out wide. Then she began singing in a loud Opera voice, "IIII am soooo sorry for the way I aaaaacted. Laaaaaaa!"

Me: Tomorrow Carly is having her baby!
H: Then she will have three babies!
Me: Yes, she will!
H: That's going to be haaaaard work!!!

While sitting on the potty...
H: Ouch! Azy (little imaginary friend) bit me!!! She thought I was her chew toy!
**Azy is still around and still a horrible influence on Hollyn!!!


No comments: