Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving


This post is so late! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I actually hosted at my house this year. It was very low key and down to earth. I busted out and made a few new recipes that seemed to be a big hit. Scott's Uncle Craig & Aunt Debi came to visit us and we went to Homestead Heritage for the first time. We really enjoyed it. It was a great experience for something different to do.

Here a few things that Hollyn has been saying:

When I asked Hollyn what she wanted for Christmas...

H: "A dollhouse"
Me: "Oh, I don't think that is what Santa is bringing this year."
H: "I think so. He knows I am a girl. Every little girl has a dollhouse. Didn't you have one when you were little?"

Today Hollyn said, "Mom, you are super grumpy today. Why are you crazy talking to me? When you talk it sounds like this..Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!"

Hollyn: "Hush you dumb baby!" (talking to her doll)

Me: Who says that? Where did you hear that?

Hollyn: Camryn, from Somalia

Me: You don't know anyone from Somalia.

Hollyn: Oh... I was just offering you a name!


Hollyn was being bratty so I busted out into a beautiful rendition of "Santa Claus is Comin to Town."

Hollyn: There is NO such thing at Santa Claus. I know he is not real.

Me: Hmmm.. What makes you say that?

Hollyn: Because I am 13.

My spacing is all messed up! Sorry! We are just eagerly awaiting the birth of my niece! She is about 5 days late and we can't wait for her to be here!!!! http://matterns.blogspot.com/2011/12/baby-bump-40-weeks.html

No comments: