Saturday, December 8, 2012

Change of Plans

I am 37 1/2 week today and still getting all the loose ends tied up before baby comes! I was set to be induced on December 20th, just in time to get back home and settled before Christmas. This past week Hollyn started coughing (it is the first real cough she has ever had) and running a low grade temp. I kept her home from Preschool the entire week just to be safe. On Thursday afternoon she had 103 and felt horrible! We took her in to the Pediatrician, I was thinking it was Strep for sure. No such luck! Hollyn tested posted for RSV. I wasn't too alarmed because I knew that it wasn't horrible for preschool children to get RSV. However, it can be detrimental to a newborn. What I didn't know is that she can potentially have some of the virus in her saliva and nasal passage for up to 4 weeks! Do the math. Our pediatrician advised me not to be induced, to let the chances of Hollyn being contagious when he gets here die out. She also suggested, depending on when he is born, making Hollyn wear a mask when she is around him. Soooo, there went "the plan." At first I was very disappointed and a little upset about the whole thing. But, the whole time I have been praying for wisdom as far as the induction and God's perfect timing over the baby's birth. There are some things that may not work out, like having sister in laws here when baby is born etc. But in the grand scheme of things, it will all be fine. I didn't envision my Christmas pictures with Hollyn in a mask, but I will just leave my tree up and take pictures a week later. I may have a big baby because he has to cook so long, but I would much rather have a big baby than risk giving him RSV. I may be in the hospital on Christmas Eve and miss out on Santa and all the fun things, but overall it's not that big of a deal. This all may be a strange way that God is guiding me not to be induced, who knows. As of now we will heed the pediatrician's advice and brother will just keep cooking. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have been praying for all of this! After being induced twice, I am such a believer in going into labor naturally. Of course there are times that induction is helpful/necessary. I know that. I know it is Christmas and Hollyn is sick and you want to be with fam with Anderson, too! Those are things to justifiably be sad about! I am praying God's perfect timing over ALL of this, and peace for your heart. He could come before, and he might need to stay in there longer. But he will be here, and what a joy that will be!? I might also be praying to hold that boy when we are that timing would be awesome, huh? I love you and have always been so very proud of who you are. God is ready to do things you have never seen with your family. I am praying for all of you, friend. Love you Jillian!!