Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Picture Dump

 I've been a horrible blogger this past year and I determined to get better when this baby comes! I love looking back at my blog and seeing when Hollyn hit certain milestones, and reading the funny things that she did. I don't want him to be the forgotten second child! I've been wanting to post some pictures from Scott's phone. So here they are in no particular order. 
 We miss our dear friends, The Forrest Family, but we do get to hang out with ever so often. The top picture was taken this past November and I LOVE it! Cade and Hollyn really play so sweetly together. I hate to say but it looks like they are on a date or something. They are so sweet and innocent and the best of friends. 
 This picture was taken when they were about a year ago when they were both 3 years old. Love it!
 And this picture needs some explaining! This is a tiny metal bowl that Hollyn likes to play with in the bath tub. For some reason it was on top of my bathroom counter and while I was on the other side of the house and Scott was in the shower she decided to take her clothes off (quite the norm) and pop a squat and PEE in the bowl! I wish I could say this was two years ago, but it was more like this past summer when she was FOUR! Oh, she just likes to keep it interesting for us. 
 I LOVE this picture! For her 4th birthday we took her to Austin to see The Fresh Beat Band in concert. We had a great time! It really was a fun concert! I had just found out I was pregnant, but we had not told anyone yet. We had such a fun evening as a family of three. We ate dessert in Austin and Hollyn danced on the sidewalks to all the music then slept the entire way home. 
 This is our little buddy from Big Brothers Big Sisters. We hang out with him once or twice a month. We do lots of fun things together, this was just a time when he ran errands with us. I think we were in Carter's. Hollyn and Amarion get along so well together!
 We were cleaning out the car one night (A NEVER-ENDING TASK!) and I asked Hollyn to take all the pumpkins inside and set them in the kitchen for me. This is what I returned to. Again, she just keeps it interesting. 
 Scott and I took a 10 year anniversary trip to Key West this summer! We had a great time together. I can't say that I would want to return to Key West, but it was a good trip. Every single meal that I ate, I LOVED! Probably because I was preggo! I had never left Hollyn that long. We escaped for 5 days and 4 nights. She took turns between grandparents' houses and didn't miss me at all!  It was a much needed break for me. For some reason we took ZERO pictures. Here is my only proof that we went away. I was about 20 weeks pregnant and we went into a hammock store and were relaxing in the hammocks and we took this with Scott's phone. 
 While waiting for the flu mist... Hollyn hid behind exam table saying, " Pretend you are me. When they come in say hello, I am Hollyn Claire Bryant. Really. I am not kidding." Then we heard a baby screaming very loudly. I told her not to worry -it's just a baby that doesn't know about Doctor's offices. Hollyn replied, " No- she is crying because THEY are carnivores!"
 We went hiking in Cameron Park for the first time. Hollyn had a BLAST! She was skidding down the trails and laughing hysterically the whole time. We put her up high on a tree branch and she asked if we could take her picture. Then she started making fake scared faces for the camera. I don't know why but it was funny at the time. 
 One night, when ALL other young ones were in bed, we were still at Target. Hollyn discovered the accessory section. We are always rushing her along, so we decided to just let her be. She had a blast and when I wasn't in a hurry, I had more patience and really enjoyed watching her make discoveries!

This picture is just one night in the life of Hollyn. She was two and this was about 11:00 pm. She decided to put on a winter coat (I am pretty sure it was summer time) and get a whole cucumber out of the fridge. Just another example of how she likes to keep things interesting!

No comments: